Med Occs Motto

"For learning to take place with any kind of efficiency, students must be motivated. To be motivated, they must become interested. They become interested when they are actively working on projects which they can relate to their values and goals in life." - Gus Tuberville

Monday, October 20, 2014

Patient Assessments, Vitals, Circulatory System... Oh My!

Good Evening Fabulous Med Occs Students!

I am so excited for you! Super Excited!  I have been working very hard to get your sites lined up and to make sure there is one specific for each of you.  Please know that I am doing everything in my power to make this an awesome educational experience for you!


PATIENT ASSESSMENTS - VITAL SIGNS

DAILY BLOG THOUGHT
We learned lots of different acronyms today for patient assessments! Can you remember them all? Luckily, you don't have to! At least not for now! Write down five things that you learned today in class that you did not know.  It could be anything!


UPCOMING DATES / ACTIVITIES
Vitals and Circulatory Test - Friday, October 24th
Medical Explorers Meeting / RN Surgery - Monday, October 28th
Do you have a site YOU want to be at? Get me that info ASAP before the end of this week!

THANK YOU's
Let's THANK Sara and Alex by putting together a thank you card for both of them tomorrow! Anyone willing to make or bring in a thank you card tomorrow and OWN this project? Let me know. Thank YOU! 

PROPS & CONGRATULATIONS
Congrats to Anna in my PM class for deciding on Cal Poly.  Let me know if you already know where you are headed in the Fall!
Also, HUGE props to my students who stayed in during lunch to practice vitals - nice impression!


HOMEWORK
Vitals Assignment/Project - Due Tomorrow
Keenan - Due October 30th

No comments:

Post a Comment