Med Occs Motto

"For learning to take place with any kind of efficiency, students must be motivated. To be motivated, they must become interested. They become interested when they are actively working on projects which they can relate to their values and goals in life." - Gus Tuberville

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

So Many Announcements So Little Time...

Congratulations to
KENDAL NEWMAN & DIANA ZAVALA
our two Med Occ INTERNS OF THE WEEK!

KENDAL NEWMAN  
FUN FACTS
Birthday - January 15th
Favorite Color - Purple
Favorite Food - lasagna & sushi, but not together
Graduate - 2015
Next Year - Davis for vet schooling
Where I  Intern - Livermore Vet Hospital
Why MedOccs? - A way for me to gain vet experience while preparing for my future.
Best part of wearing scrubs? - I don't have to think about what I am going to wear and they are sooooo comfortable!


Kendal was awarded based upon her great ability to work with all different types of people and animals! Her staff could not be more pleased with her progress! GO KENDAL!


DIANA ZAVALA
FUN FACTS
Birthday - February 15th
Favorite Color - Blue
Favorite Food - Sushi
Graduate - 2015
Next Year - Las Positas
Where I  Intern - Kaiser Pleasanton Radiology
Why MedOccs? - To see if the medical field is right for me.
Best part of wearing scrubs? -They feel like pajamas!




Diana was awarded based on her fabulous customer service skills! Kaiser Radiology could not stop gushing about what an amazing job she was doing rooming patients!  

CONGRATULATIONS LADIES
WAY TO REPRESENT YOURSELF AND OUR MED OCC PROGRAM! YOU ROCK!

ANNOUNCEMENTS
GHS will have a modified schedule NEXT THURSDAY, the 15th for the addition of homeroom. Click HERE for the link to the schedule.  You may need to work a modified day next Thursday - especially if you are a Kaiser intern.

LHS - NEXT THURSDAY, THE 15TH IS your district writing assessment day.  Please check school loop to find out what time you need to be at school.  I have all of the info posted in my classroom.  Please also let site know if you will not be going that day.  I would assume this impacts my morning students more than my afternoon.  Remember if you plan on changing your hours that day or not going to site you MUST email me, your parent and your site supervisor.  Thank you.

GHS - Thursday, January the 22nd is your district writing assessment! Please see the attached schedule HERE to see what time you need to be where. Remember if you plan on changing your hours that day or not going to site you MUST email me, your parent and your site supervisor.  Thank you.

EVERYONE - No school on Monday, January 19th - however this would be a great day for you to pick up extra hours at site if site is open.  Please email me, your parent, and your site supervisor if you plan to work on this non school day.  Thank you.

AVHS/FHS - You have finals the week of January 20th, 21st, 22nd.  The 22nd would be the final for my class.  Since you will not be in class with me that day I would encourage you to pick up extra hours at your site that Thursday.  If you do so please email me, your parent, and your site supervisor.  In addition you have no school scheduled for Friday but I still expect you to be at site.  You may modify your schedule (ie; go in early to get off early) as long as you get the ok with your supervisor and you email me and a parent.*

DHS - You have finals the week of January 21st, 22nd, and 23rd.  You may continue to go to site or you may modify your schedule.  If you choose to modify please email me, your parent, and your site supervisor.*

* REMEMBER - If you are missing days then you are missing hours and you will need to come up with a plan to make up those hours if you have not already banked  some!

PEER TUTORING
All GHS students interested in peer tutoring please click HERE.  You can earn extra classroom hours by participating! 

HOMEWORK
  • Gameboard is due February 25th - it sounds like a lot of time but remember we only meet once a week and I have a couple of guest speakers coming in.  Please use the time I give you in class wisely! 
  • QUIZ/TEST - There will be a quiz/test on your entire Medical Terminology packet (don't freak out - the one we have had since the beginning of trimester 2, not the super big one) next Wednesday.  Use that packet as your study guide!


TIMESHEETS
Many students are forgetting to get their timesheets signed or leaving them at home.  This is a ZERO out of 25 points for the week. This is not good for you.   Remember in the real world no time sheet = no paycheck! At MedOccs no timesheet = no points.  

UNIFORM
Unfortunately I have had three students out of compliance and this is unacceptable.  I am very clear what the uniform standards are. You and your parents all signed contracts.  This includes the NO CELL PHONE policy.  I saw far too many phones in class today.  Do NOT get lazy.  It will impact your grade and has the potential to get you pulled from site.  

JOURNALS
I will check journals periodically in class and at site.  Note to self - Make sure they are updated!


No comments:

Post a Comment