Med Occs Motto

"For learning to take place with any kind of efficiency, students must be motivated. To be motivated, they must become interested. They become interested when they are actively working on projects which they can relate to their values and goals in life." - Gus Tuberville

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

It is officially FLU season!

With at least five students out today sick, and with my own case of influenza rearing its ugly head I wanted to remind all of you that the BEST way to avoid catching something is basic HAND WASHING! Yes, that is correct! That primary lesson we learned at the beginning of the school year is now being put to the test.  Make sure to wash your hands on a regular basis and cough into your elbow if you need to.










VALUES OF CAREER TECH ED
Ever wonder why someone encouraged you to take a ROP class?
Check out THIS video and write down FIVE thoughts you have about it. Agree/disagree/motivating/not so much/ etc... This is a for points assignment!

ANNOUNCEMENTS

  • GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF MY STUDENTS TAKING FINALS THIS WEEK!
  • I missed some Birthdays last week and I will of course be getting your cards passed around but wanted to publicly say... Happy Birthday to Kendal, Kaylee & Bahar!
  • Wanted to thank my Classroom Managers from last week but especially a HUGE THANK YOU to Taylor M. for coming in last week as class manager and anticipating my needs in my PM class.  She was collecting and sorting before I could even look to see who my manager was! Way to go Taylor!


EVALUATIONS
All evaluations are due into me tomorrow.  If you have not had your supervisor hand you one, please ask them for it today.

KAISER INTERNS
All Kaiser interns - you MUST attend an IT training day on Friday, January 30th out at the Livermore office regardless of what site you are assigned.  If you are a Kaiser morning intern then you will need to be in Livermore from 10-11 am.  If you are a Kaiser afternoon student please be in Livermore from 2-3 pm.  You will NOT go to your site that day, please remind your supervisor that you have IT training!

TIMESHEETS
Do you ever forget to pick up a new time sheet? Click HERE for a timesheet to print out. :)

BLOOD DRIVE
Did you give blood? Let me know - because you know I won't remember! I will have you write your names down next week - please remind me so I can make a certificate for your portfolio.

QUIZ


You all will get a second chance on the quiz you took last Wednesday.  I will re test tomorrow!  You will get to pick which test you want to keep as far as score. :) Please study your  MT packet!

No comments:

Post a Comment