Med Occs Motto

"For learning to take place with any kind of efficiency, students must be motivated. To be motivated, they must become interested. They become interested when they are actively working on projects which they can relate to their values and goals in life." - Gus Tuberville

Monday, December 1, 2014

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions. Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Happy 1st Day of Internship!

I am SO VERY EXCITED for all of you! It was great to see most of you in action today! If I did not get to see you today I will try and get there before the end of the week.  Make sure you are taking the down time to journal and please also take the time to THANK those that are training you!


Don't forget you need to be the light in someone's day.  Leave your worries at the door and offer fabulous customer service and always have a kind sincere smile!

CHECK IN
Please make sure to check in with me either via text or email so I know how your first day went! I realize a hand full of you did not start today - that is ok.  Just text after you do!

DAILY BLOG THOUGHT
Our Kaiser interns saw this video today and it really spoke to me.  Please watch it (for some of you - again) and write down five thoughts about it!
Click HERE and please have someone watch it with you!

REMINDERS

  • Absolutely NO cell phones
  • Make sure you a re writing down your times on your time card.  That is how you earn points!
  • Make sure you are journaling.  I will begin asking to see your journals next week when I come to observe.
  • Make sure you have your little MEAD notebook!


EMERGENCY SHEETS
If you did not turn one in to me before you left I MUST have it on Wednesday - No excuses!
Also, your parent and site supervisor should both have theirs already!

HOMEWORK


  • Please take this SURVEY for me to get some feedback - Thanks
  • Please go over the muscle System Notes and take your own notes
  • Remember you are NOT copying everything, you must discern from the most important information!
  • MUSCLE POWER POINT

No comments:

Post a Comment