Med Occs Motto

"For learning to take place with any kind of efficiency, students must be motivated. To be motivated, they must become interested. They become interested when they are actively working on projects which they can relate to their values and goals in life." - Gus Tuberville

Thursday, November 20, 2014

“Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.” ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

It was a pleasure to shake each on of your hands yesterday and today as you leave my daily classroom and enter the world of our community classroom.  I am SO very excited for you and SO proud! I can't wait to see you all in action in December.


REMINDERS

  • YOU MUST CHECK THE BLOG DAILY! I may not post over break but I would hate for you to miss something important.  Just bookmark it and check it every evening by six pm.
  • Kaiser Students - You are on a crazy schedule the first week.  text if you have any questions about where you should be!
  • ValleyCare students - Make sure you check your email and blog so you know when to pick up your flu sticker from Ms. Lounsbury before site.
  • PLEASE - email me (along with your parent and site supervisor) any changes that have been made to your schedule.  That way I know all of the important people have been kept in the loop.


THANK YOU'S

  • Thank you to my vet students who were so fabulously flexible when our vet tech canceled today!
  • Also thank you to all the students that text or communicated with each other so that they may be able to save someone a trip!
  • Thank you to Sabrina and Dennis for helping during 4th period.
  • Thank you to all of my lovely students who wrote me a thank you card.
  • Hannah says thanks for the birthday card AM class!
  • Thank you to Rhana and Kaylee - who are going out of their way to deliver paperwork for me!
  • Do you have a SHOUT OUT - email me and I will post it!


THANKSGIVING HOMEWORK
During this time of year I always reflect on the fabulous joys in my life and how very grateful I am for them. My students being one of them! My gift to you this holiday season is a short video.  Some of you may have seen it already, but it does not matter.  Please watch it again.  I feel like the message is so powerful.  Please also pass it on to keep the gift of being grateful going.  Thanks to Avery for bringing it to my attention again.  I had almost forgotten about it, but after watching it again I realize I have embedded it into my daily living and have that wish for all of you!

Click HERE to see Randy Pausch's Last Lecture

No comments:

Post a Comment